How much is Chris Rock worth?
|Net Worth:||$100 Million|
|Date of Birth:||February 7, 1965|
|Residence:||South Carolina, US|
|Occupation:||American Actor, Comedian, Writer, Director & Producer|
Christopher Julius Rock popularly known as Chris Rock is an American writer, actor, comedian, producer, and director. Rock appeared in several movies as a stand-up comedian and appeared in multiple supporting roles.
He got more popularity and fame in 1990 when he became a cast member of Saturday Night Live. Besides this, he appeared in numerous films as a starter which made him more famous. These films include Head Of State, Down To Earth, The Longest Yard, Grown Ups And Grown Ups 2, Madagascar Film Series and Top Five. He also narrated and wrote the sitcom Everybody Hates Chris which was purely based on his life.
Rock was honored with multiple awards for his comedy and acting skill. In 2007, he was listed as a fifth stand-up comedian by Comedy Central and listed as the ninth- eminent stand-up comedian on Channel 4s among the greatest 100 stand-up comedians. He was honored with three Grammy awards and four Emmy awards.
As of 2022, Chris Rock net worth is around $100 million.
Chris Rock was born on February 7, 1965, in South Carolina, the United States to Rosalie a teacher and social worker for the mentally handicapped children and Julius Rock a newspaper delivery man and a truck driver. Chris rock is of Cameroonian descent.
He moved to Brooklyn New York just after his birth. His siblings are also in the entertainment business. Rock is highly inspired by the delivery style in a comedy of his grandfather Allen Rock.
Rock spent a miserable childhood in his school, where he was bullied and beaten from white students. When this bullying got extreme he was pulled out of the James Madison High School but later earned GED. To earn the living he works at fast-food restaurants and several menial jobs.
Check the net worth of adam carolla
Rock marries Malaak Compton-rock an executive director and a founder of style works (a nonprofit salon) in 1996. The couple had two daughters, Lola Simone in 2002 and Zahra savannah in 2004. Unfortunately, the couple failed to keep the relation intact and divorced in 2016.
Rock was against racial profiling and often speaks about racism. Rock was pulled over multiple times for different crimes he did in the past.
Rock started his career as a standup comedian in 1994 in New York City’s Catch A Rising Star. He became more prominent when started doing smaller roles in movies like I Am Gonna Git You Sucka and the TV series Miami Vice. During all this, he was also offered the first film role in Beverly Hill Cop II.
He became the cast member of Saturday Night Live a famous comedy series in 1990. He released his debut comedy album, Born Suspect in 1991. He got national exposure by his tenure on SNL.
Rock became a part of HBO Comedy Half-Hour in 1994 and also made his mark by the appearance in Bring The Pain in 1996 which made him one of the most successful comedians in the history. Later he also had two more HBO comedy specials Bigger And Blacker and Never Scared. These specials made him the funniest man in America. He also aired his talk show on HBO named the Chris Rock Show, where he used to interview popular politicians and celebrities. This talk show got much popularity and success. Rock was considered as a most established and stable standup comedian.
During this period he scripted his comedy on paper too. He published Rock This, Bigger And Blacker, Roll With The New and Never Scared in the form of books.
Netflix also released his two projects Chris Rock and Tamborine in 2018 which marked the first concert specials released in a decade.
His roles in movies took his fame and fortune to the next level. He did different roles in films like Beverly Hills’ Ninja, Lethal Weapon 4, Dogma, Nurse Betty, Down To Earth, Bad Company, The Longest Yard, Death At A Funeral, 2 Days In New York and Grown Ups.
As of 2022, Chris Rock net worth is approximately $100 million. Chris rock is a famous American writer, actor, comedian, producer, and director.
Chris rock received many awards and was nominated several times.
- Rock won four Emmy awards in 1997 and 1999 and nominated for about nineteen times.
- He has honored three Grammy awards in 1998, 2000 and 2006 and nominated about four times.
- He won American Comedy Awards in the category of the funniest male performer in a TV special for Chris Rock: Bigger And Blacker in 2000.
- He won AFI Awards in the category of the top TV program of the year for everybody hates Chris in 2007
- Rock achieved BET Awards in the category of outstanding supporting actor for the Longest Yard In 2005
- In 2015 he won Black Reel Awards in the category of the best screenplay for Top Five.
- He won Block Buster Entertainment Award in favorite supporting actor category for Lethal Weapon 4 in 1999.
- In 2006 he won best international comedy tv show award By British Comedy Awards for Everybody Hates Chris in 2006.
- Chris won cable ACE award for three times I different categories for the Chris Show and HBO Comedy Half-Hour in 1995 and 1997.
- Rock won Hollywood comedy film award for Top Five by Hollywood films awards in 2014.
- He won favorite voice from an animated movie And wannabe award by Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards for Madagascar in 2006.
- He also won young artist awards for the Hughleys in 1999 and Everybody Hates Chris in 2006 in the best family TV comedy series category.
Chris Rock is one of the top-earning comedians of the world. The main source of his income is his roles in movies, his exceptional and humorous performances and his releases by Netflix.
As of 2022, Chris Rock net worth is approx $100 million.