How much is Jim Carrey worth?
|Date of Birth:
|January 17, 1962
|Newmarket Ontario, Canada
|Comedian, Actor, Producer, Writer, Cartoonist & Painter
James Carrey Eugene is a Canadian-American comedian, actor, writer, and producer. He is popularly known for his powerful slapstick performances among his fans.
Carrey gained fame and recognition by a recurring role in Living Color, a sketch comedy television series. He made his debut as a leading actor in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective followed by Dumb And Dumber, The Mask And Ace Ventura When Nature Calls.
He also portrayed the Riddler in Batman Forever and the leading role in Liar Liar. Besides this, his tremendous performances also proved him as a mature actor. He starred in the True Man Show and Man On The Moon. His exceptional skills brought him up on the top of the best actor list and he was honored with Golden Globe Awards.
As of 2022, Jim Carrey net worth is approx $150 million.
Jim Carrey was born on January 16, 1962, in the Toronto, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada. His mother Kathleen is a homemaker and father Percy Carrey is an accountant and musician. He has three elder siblings John, Rita, and Patricia.
Carrey was fond of acting since childhood. At the age of 10 years, he wrote a letter to Carol Burnett to consider his acting skills and assign him a role in his show Carol Burnett Show and he was lucky enough to get the reply back from Carol.
He used to live in a small building in Scarborough Ontario. He went to Agincourt Collegiate Institute and got his early education there. Then he attended Blessed Trinity Catholic Elementary School in Burlington, Ontario. He considered working at the Dofasco Steel Mills in Hamilton Ontario if his idea of pursuing acting hadn’t panned out.
Also, check out the net worth of birdman
Carrey has been in several relationships and married twice. Carrey married comedy store waitress and former actress Melissa Womer in 1987. She gave birth to a beautiful daughter Jane Erin Carrey. Jane Erin made followed her father’s path and appeared as a contestant on American Idol in 2012. However, the couple divorced in 1995.
After a year, Carrey married again to his co-star Lauren Holley in 1996, although they got separated after a year. He had a relationship with his Me, My Self And Irene co-star Renee Zellweger and the couple officially engaged in 1999.
Carrey also had relationships with actress and model Jenny McCarthy and Catharina white. However, Jim Carrey is spotted with his new girlfriend ginger Gonzaga at Golden Globes 2019 Party.
Despite having very fewer facilities and exposure Carrey wanted to pursue his career as an actor. His father supported him to put together a stage act by driving him to Toronto to start his acting career at Comedy Club Yuk Yuks where his first act failed to impress the audience.
By the time Carrey himself recognized his amazing skills but his family’s weak financial position made it difficult for him to hold up his ambitions but he tried his best and started getting paid gigs.
1994 proved to be the luckiest year for Jim. He made his way to the film industry and gave super hits like Ace Ventura, The Mask and Dumb And Dumber. His unusual and amazing acting style was a success.
In 1998 he played a serious role in the comedy-drama The Truman Show, which got so much appreciation and was acclaimed internationally.
In 2000 he enjoyed box office success by giving the film industry major hits including Me, Myself And Irene and How The Grinch Stole The Christmas.
As of 2022, Jim Carrey net worth is estimated to be around $150 million making him one of the famous actors, writers, and producers.
Jim Carrey received various accolades and awards for his outstanding performance in blockbuster movies.
- He won Golden Globe Awards twice in best leading actor category for the Truman show and man of the moon in 1999 and 2000.
- He received various MTV Movie Awards for Dumb and dumber, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, The Cable Guy, Liar Liar, The Truman Show, How The Grich Stole Christmas, Jim Carrey and Yes Man in various categories.
- He won six awards by Nickelodeons Kids Choice Awards in various categories for his exceptional performances in The Mask, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, Batman Forever, The Cable Guy, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Bruce Almighty, and A Christmas Carol.
- He won four awards by People Choice Awards for his fantastic performances in Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, And Jim Carry in various categories.
- He received five Teen Choice Awards for Me Myself And Irene, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Bruce Almighty, Jim Carrey and A Series Of Unfortunate Events.
- Besides this, he was also nominated by British Academy Film Awards in best leading actor category for Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind In 2005 and By Grammy Awards in best-spoken word album for children category for A Series Of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning.
Jim Carrey is one of the legends of the American film industry. He is an exceptional comedian and actor of all time. The main source of his income is his tremendous acting career.
As of 2022, Jim Carrey net worth is around $150 million.